This week, New Jersey’s legal cannabis marketplace is slated to launch — and the cannabis business community is abuzz with anticipation from the opportunities in the burgeoning billion-dollar industry.
To capture that excitement, NJ Cannabis Insider, the state’s leading cannabis business trade journal and events group, is producing a two-day conference and networking event. On March 9-10, NJ Cannabis Insider will host a virtual event over two consecutive mornings of strategic networking sessions built around speakers and panel discussions focused on what the new industry will bring to the Garden State, and how to succeed in it.
Space is limited and tickets won’t last. Click here for details.
Featured speakers include:
- Dianna Houenou, named by Gov. Phil Murphy to chair the state’s Cannabis Regulatory Commission
- State Sen. Troy Singleton, who recently introduced home-cultivation and cannabis tax reform bills
- Jeff Brown, assistant commissioner in charge of the Department of Health’s Medicinal Marijuana Program. Gov. Phil Murphy recently named him executive director of the Cannabis Regulatory Commission.
- Al Harrington, the 16-year NBA vet and Orange native is co-founder and CEO of the multi-state Viola Brands.
- Mayor Janice Kovach, of Clinton Township and is president of the New Jersey State League of Municipalities.
- Dasheeda Dawson, Cannabis Program supervisor at the City of Portland, Oregon, and is founder/CEO of The WeedHead & Company.
- Bill Caruso, a partner at Archer Law, represents New Jersey United for Marijuana Reform and is a New Jersey CannaBusiness Assn. board member.
- Edmund DeVeaux, president of the New Jersey CannaBusiness Assn. and is a lobbyist with Burton Trent Public Affairs.
- Robert DiPisa, co-chair of XX the firm’s Cannabis Law Group and counsels clients regarding regulatory compliance, risk management, governmental affairs, licensing and the leasing and acquisition of real property in connection with cannabis related uses.
- David Serrano, a decorated U.S. Navy veteran, a pioneer in the cannabis industry, and a fierce advocate for social and environmental justice. He is the founder and chief of Business Development of Harvest 360 and H360 Labs.
- Jennifer Cabrera, counsel at cannabis law firm Vicente Sederberg, she co-manages the firm’s New York office.
- Jackie Cornell, a former New Jersey Health Department assist commissioner, and is an executive of 1906, a cannabis edibles company.
Themes that will be explored during the programmed portion of the conference:
- Timeline for the road ahead as the market opens
- What you need to compete for a license
- How to work with municipalities
- How will social equity work
- Accounting/finance challenges
- What to expect on the federal level
We expect at least 60 minutes of focused networking sessions each day. On our virtual networking “floor” we’ll have some 12 roundtables, hosted by sponsors and partners.
- Harvest 360, NJ Cannabis Insider’s Social Equity Partner, is a cannabis consulting company that specializes in application preparation and licensing management, working to reduce barriers of entry for communities most impacted by the War on Drugs.
- Cole Schotz, with attorneys practicing Cannabis law since 2013, the firm has been at the forefront of the New Jersey cannabis industry, guiding clients through regulatory compliance, risk management, governmental affairs and licensing in connection with cannabis related uses.
- New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program, a state agency offering financial incentives, programs, and services for New Jersey residents, business owners, and local governments to help them save energy, money, and the environment. Integrate energy efficient, new technology into your buildings and equipment upgrades, make your facilities more efficient and receive big dividends on efficiency investments. (Read about their forthcoming event in Briefs)
- NJ Cannabis Certified, which provides training for all entry level jobs in the cannabis industry, including dispensary training and entry level cultivation and lab technician training.
- Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, which with its Cannabis Industry Team provides transactional and litigation counsel to businesses operating in the cannabis industry, helping clients navigate the complex federal, state and local regulation.
- Archer Law, cannabis law attorneys, in conjunction with Archer Public Affairs, are at the forefront of marijuana legalization, helping the public sector and governments grapple with responsible regulations.
- Trichome Analytical, headquartered in Mount Laurel Township, offers the highest standard in accurate, compliant and comprehensive cannabis and industrial hemp testing and consulting services for cultivators, processors, retailers and regulatory agencies. Trichome Analytical is ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accredited, holds federal DEA registration for USDA-compliant hemp testing.
- Grassi Advisors & Accountants, which has a cannabis arm providing guidance with taxes, securing funding, managing cashflow, among other services.
- Supreme Security Alarms, New Jersey leaders in the security space, providing custom designed, state-of-art systems to protect your business.
- Eaze, a California-based technology platform that connects adult consumers with local licensed retailers for on-demand delivery of legal cannabis products. (Read the Q&A in this week’s issue.)
Our partners include:
- The New Jersey CannaBusiness Association, the Garden State’s largest trade group, operating as the state’s cannabis chamber of commerce
- The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion division of the National Cannabis Industry Association
- Vicente Sederberg, a national cannabis law firm providing legal and policy services to marijuana and hemp companies, ancillary businesses, investors, governmental bodies, and advocacy organizations.
Roundtables will have focused discussions on what what you need to know to get in on New Jersey’s Green Rush, including working with towns, nuances in the application process, quality control, finding the right business partners, and more.
Click here for more details and to purchase tickets. (Note: Availability is limited. As others will tell you, we have had to turn people away from our last two large-scale events.)
NJ Cannabis Insider is a weekly subscriber-based online trade journal and events group produced by NJ Advance Media, which also publishes NJ.com, The Star-Ledger and other affiliated papers.